All Italian and foreign students from any country in the world can participate in the international exchange programme, provided they are duly enrolled in the Accademia in the current academic year. It is possible to apply as from the first year of studies, as it relates to a study period in the following academic year. Participation in the ERASMUS+ programme sees the provision of a grant to all participating students, provided by the European Community, ranging from a minimum of 250 euro to a maximum of 300 Euro in monthly payments (calculated on a daily basis), depending on the destination, for a study period equivalent to a semester or one academic year.
Participation in the Erasmus+ programme requires students to submit all the documentation as set out at the bottom of the page, adhering to the set procedures and deadlines, no later than the 31st of January 2020
The European Community gives free access to the online course OLS (Online Linguistic Support) to those students who participate in the Erasmus project. Those selected students must take the test ONLINE, attend the language course and at the end of the Erasmus period abroad take the final language proficiency test.
Participants, on their return after the period abroad, MUST fill in the EVALUATION REPORT online, as required by the European Community, to finalize the project with the registration of marks and credits carried out by the Erasmus Office.
In order to partecipate in the programmes students must SEND all the following documentation by EMAIL, WHICH MUST BE ELECTRONICALLY COMPILED IN EDITABLE WORD FORMAT, or alternatively, students can submit the documentation directly to the office using a USB stick.
1. APPLICATION FORM in Word format. The form can be downloaded at the bottom of the page
2. 3 PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPHS TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE
3. SCAN OF FRONT AND BACK OF IDENTITY DOCUMENT
4. CURRICULUM VITAE IN ENGLISH (related to artistic activities, 2 pages at most)
5. COVER LETTER IN ENGLISH in Word format, a short personal presentation, of your studies and the reasons behind your participation. Once you have been communicated the destination by the Erasmus Office you are required then to customize the cover letter indicating the reasons that led to your assigned choice of destination (characteristics and cultural background of the city, departments, teaching techniques, professors, didactic approaches and styles etc).
6. BOOK ERASMUS in digital format containing the images of the most significant works (max.15-20 pages, in a single PDF file for a maximum weight of 15Mb), including a description of the works, including the title, the technique, the size, the year and if need be, a few lines in ENGLISH to briefly outline the project (students are advised to have the material checked by the academic course teacher). Students are required to have an introductory page that can also be used as a cover (it should NOT contain the logo of the Accademia). No Book is required for Communication students. For first year students, the book may include works done before entering the Accademia..
7. LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH OR THE LANGUAGE OF THE COUNTRY OF DESTINATION B1 LEVEL. The selected students who hold a foreign language certificate must submit it with the application. In particular, regarding English; those students who do not hold any certificate but have taken the qualifying English exam in the Accademia can consider themselves to have B1 proficiency. If students have not taken the aforementioned exam or need a certificate in a language other than English, then they can take the online test, part of the OLS (Online Linguistic support) course, offered free of charge by the European Community, following the guidelines set out by the Erasmus Office.
The Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera is a partner of platforms such as HousingAnywhere and ERASMUSU which can offer support to students in finding accommodation.
Students who are moving abroad for study can easily use the international renting platform for students called HousingAnywhere.com
Before leaving Milan for your study period or traineeship abroad you can rent your room safely out to an incoming student on HousingAnywhere.com. In this way you can have your room back when you return without the hassle of paying a double rent. The service is free through the use of the university email. It is advisable to notify your landlord before renting out your room this way..
ERASMUSU is one of the largest student communities in Europe. You can book checked accommodation through a safe and secure system, not only in Milan but all over the world, something to bear in mind if you are planning to study abroad.
In addition to accommodation, you will have information about cities and universities at your fingertips, you will be able to read about experiences of other students and travelers, opinions on a wide number of destinations and even find job opportunities and traineeships.
Why not take a LOOK NOW, we have over 1,800 accommodation solutions in Milan. Come and join the Erasmusu community.
We offer the Accademia’s students:
If you have accommodation to rent please click here.